CFF Employment Opportunities
CFF is currently searching for the right candidate to fill the following position:
Senior Research Biologist
Coonamessett Farm Foundation, Inc. (CFF) is a small non-profit organization located in East Falmouth, MA that conducts and supports scientific research and educational activities that promote sustainable fisheries operations, local small-scale agriculture and aquaculture, and renewable energy sources. CFF is seeking a motivated senior research biologist with statistical experience in designing sampling protocols and analyzing fisheries data. The preferred candidate will have a history of finding and writing proposals, success in winning grant monies, and publishing scientific manuscripts. The selected candidate must possess outstanding oral and written communication skills and excellent problem-solving abilities.
The successful candidate will be familiar with multivariate analysis and comfortable executing GLMMs. The position will include analysis of bycatch fish abundance data, accounting for environmental variables such as depth, temperature and substrate. Familiarity with Microsoft Access and ArcGIS would also be helpful. Additionally, they must demonstrate the ability to work well in a professional, team-oriented environment.
- Analyze a proprietary dataset of fisheries bycatch collected from a long-term dredge survey project
- Assume an active leadership role in project development and identification of new research opportunities
- Coordinate with collaborators and government entities to ensure successful completion of CFF research projects
- Search for funding opportunities and write grant proposals (including budgets and scopes of work for collaborators)
- Prepare technical reports and manuscripts for publication in scientific journals
- Provide support on various other CFF projects as needed
- PhD in a scientific discipline (e.g. biology, marine science, environmental science, or a related field). An MS and significant experience in fisheries statistics may be substituted for the PhD
- Experience with R and other statistical languages and software packages
- Knowledge of statistical models and packages used in fisheries (e.g., GLMM)
- At least five years of experience managing research projects
- Understanding of NMFS/NOAA fisheries regulations, especially in the northwestern Atlantic
- Extensive at-sea experience and seaworthiness and willingness to go to sea preferred.
- Proven record of winning grant proposals and producing and publishing scientific papers
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills
CFF offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Compensation is based upon work experience and qualifications.
Compensation is negotiable based on experience.
To apply please submit a cover letter, CV, and list of three references to email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled. Start date is negotiable.
There are no part-time positions available at this time.